As a Night Shift Production Manager, you will possess keen team leadership, problem analysis & problem solving, process improvement skills, and consults/coaches their team providing expertise in process improvement techniques to achieve business objectives within the cost structure.
This Hands-On Role Includes Ownership Of
Manage the day-to-day operational activities of the manufacturing processes to the achievement of planned site operational and Health & Safety objectives.
● Develop and influence individual team members, ensuring that they are clearly aware of both their personal and their team objectives and that personal development targets are set.
● Provide support for the strategic site improvement plans to ensure all group, divisional and site objectives are implemented, monitored and continually improved within the site.
● Ensure the safety, quality, authenticity, and legality of products are maintained through Food Safety compliance and quality procedures.
● Implementing all the company’s procedures and policies
● Communicating any problems or obstacles to senior management
● You will be responsible for around 30 members of staff.
● Scope of role is site wide out-of-hours and focus on Production in-hours.
● Deploy labour and resources to achieve site activities in a cost-effective manner.
● Ensure good manufacturing practice (GMP) is consistently followed.
● Approve absence, holidays, and return to work enquiries.
● Support, including drop into, appropriate shop floor activities when other alternative options have been exhausted.
● Drive functional and cross functional shift handover effectiveness.
● Identify & address people and process performance issues.
● Participate in the development, implementation and delivery of improvement plans.
● Provide relevant reports as required on a shift, daily or weekly basis and develop, promote & report via the SQCDP process.
● Manage, develop, motivate and energise people to consistently deliver the business objectives.
● Identify and maintain the necessary skill sets within site teams & support training.
● Use & promote short interval controls, systems & behaviours to control operational costs, to identify & minimise non-value adding activities & waste, and to utilise resources efficiently.
Who You Are
Minimum 3-5 years leading people in a food manufacturing environment.
● Must be able to positively influence and build good working relationships with people at all levels of the organisation.
● Must be able to demonstrate a flexible management style.
● Must be able to plan and organise activities of self and team, to achieve balance of proactive and reactive tasks.
● Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
● Must be able to demonstrate a flexible and adaptable work ethic.
● Good working knowledge of H&S legislation.
● Good working knowledge of modern production management & best practice techniques.
● Basic Excel skills.
We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At KatKin we celebrate differences, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive.
We want to make our recruitment processes accessible to everyone, so if there is any way that we can support you to be the best you can be, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org